- Press F2 on the main Quickbooks screen.
- This gets you to the information about QuickBooks. Shows you the license and current running information.
- To enter a verification code is really tricky.
- Go to the Help/About screen
- From there press CTRL+R+P simultaneously
- There you can enter your verification code.
- The last item was related to messages of QuickBooks already running. This was driving some of the accountants mad. Although the fix is quite simple.
- Kill the existing QuickBooks task from the task manager (QBW32.exe)
- Start a new Quickbooks session and log onto a company
- Open the Preferences from the Edit menu
- Select General and My Preferences
- Clear the check box that says Keep QuickBooks running for quicker startups.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Well, had to do some installation with Quickbooks 2012 the other day and had a few issues with licenses. After calling tech support found a few interesting shortcuts that are handy.